Many homeowners place HVAC maintenance under the “if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it” umbrella. Preventative maintenance for HVAC systems is more important than most homeowners realize. With many of our customers who are new to regular maintenance, it usually only takes one visit for them to recognize the significance of preventative services.
The general purpose of HVAC maintenance is to ensure proper performance, efficiency, safety and longevity of equipment, as well as prevent costly emergency repairs. The benefits of preventative service far exceed any cost associated with a HVAC maintenance agreement.
Long-term benefits of HVAC maintenance
- lower energy bills
- better indoor air quality
- increased comfort
- fewer repairs
- lower chance of inconveniencing equipment breakdowns
- extended equipment life
- improved home safety
Carroll Plumbing & Heating Inc. recommends maintenance at least twice a year. Once in the fall, before heating season, and again in the spring, before cooling season. If you have a heat pump, service for the combined heating and cooling system should be performed twice a year as well.
Maintenance included in a seasonal HVAC tune-up
- Thermostat calibration
- Electrical and system controls inspection
- Lubricate internal and external parts
- Check condensate drain
- Check cooling specific components like the evaporator coils, condenser coils and refrigerant charge
- Check heating specific components like the fuel line, gas pressure, burner combustion and heat exchanger
Carroll Plumbing & Heating Inc. offers comprehensive HVAC maintenance service and seasonal tune-ups. To learn more about these residential services, or for information on HVAC repairs and installation, contact us today or call (804) 358-6322.