Prepare your HVAC System for Heating Season
Posted on September 15th, 2015 by carrolladmin
Fall is right around the corner and now presents the most advantageous time to provide some much needed service to your HVAC system. Now that we’re trading air conditioning for open windows and doors, but it won’t be long before we depend on an efficient heating system to keep us comfortable. There is no better time than now to start thinking about shutting down the air conditioning for the upcoming heating season. In fact, HVAC maintenance is most recommended during times of light use, and during fall in Virginia we don’t tend to heavily depend on either heat or air.
A professional HVAC service provider can perform all of the necessary maintenance services and tune ups required to prepare your system. These services often include, but are not limited to, inspecting equipment, components and parts, as well as checking operational pressures and calibrating the thermostat. Our team is also experienced in ventilation system inspection and ductwork cleaning. Most homeowners don’t know their way around the complex aspects of their systems, and that’s what Carroll Plumbing & Heating Inc. does best! However, there are some DIY maintenance steps that even the most novice homeowners can check out before going into heating season.
Think about these tips to help out your system before it’s tasked with the job of heating your home this fall and winter…
- Replace or clean the air filter, depending on the type of filter this is usually recommended monthly to quarterly.
- Clean the area around the outdoor unit and give at least two feet clearance.
- Check and update thermostat settings, during heating season it’s recommended to average 68° at the highest and 60° at the lowest.
- Check for drafts in windows and doors, and use weather-stripping, caulk, or other products to seal these areas.
- Take advantage of sunlight to warm the home during the day, but use blinds and curtains to trap heat in the evening.
Carroll Plumbing & Heating Inc. offers comprehensive HVAC inspections and system tune ups to residences across Central Virginia. From inspecting electrical connections to lubricating and tightening parts, a seasonal system tune-up covers all of the bases to ensure safe and efficient operation through the winter. To schedule a seasonal HVAC system tune up, contact Carroll Plumbing & Heating Inc. today.