Hot Water Heater Repair
Hot Water Heater Repair
It’s often a shock when your water heater isn’t working. The shower is cold, or there’s no hot water for cooking. Our team of experienced technicians understands, working to diagnose and solve problems as quickly as possible.
Common Water Heater Problems
The telltale signs that your water heater may need repairs or even replacement are easy to spot. Here are some common problems owners encounter.
- Puddles of water pooling around your water heater indicate a leak. This can happen when the tank’s metal expands as it gets hot. It may be time to simply replace the unit if connections and fittings, like the water pressure overflow pipe, are dry.
- Are you hearing rumbling or other noises coming from your unit? These sounds usually indicate a problem. It means the sediment that builds up in the tank over the years has hardened. The results are reduced efficiency and tank damage.
- Age is often a problem for heaters. Check the serial number. Is it over ten years old? It’s probably time for a replacement. The manual can also tell you.
- Discolored water usually signals a water heater problem. Rusty water that comes from the hot side piping often means a leak is imminent. The problem might be the pipes rather than the heating unit, however. Try draining a few buckets of hot water. If three or more of them are rusty, it’s likely a water heating issue.
Heater Maintenance Tips
Get the most out of your water heater tank with regular maintenance. Here are some suggestions to prolong its lifespan and keep repairs and replacement at bay.
- Periodically drain the tank on your water heater. Wash out the sediment that accumulates, stirring it up between draining. Keep alternating stirring and draining until the water comes out clean.
- Lower the temperature setting to save energy costs. Especially if you plan to go out of town for more than three days, this can conserve energy.
- Turn off the power as well as the cold water supply valve. Check the Temperature Pressure Relief Valve (TPR). It’s the valve that opens if the temperature gets too high. A well-functioning valve can similarly help extend the life of your water heater.
- Avoid overstraining the capacity of your unit. If you have an electric water heater, make sure that 75 percent of its capacity is hot.
Hot Water Heater Repair in Richmond
Sometimes, it happens suddenly—you turn on the faucet in the morning and find there’s no hot water. Other issues may be more subtle, such as a leak or gradual loss of hot water.
In either case, it’s important to act quickly. Prompt repairs can prevent a minor issue from developing into a major problem.
Perhaps most essential, however, is that repairs are done correctly. Carroll Plumbing provides the best hot water heater repair service in Richmond. From gas to electric we are experienced at repairing nearly every type of water heater on the market.
We also provide regular maintenance to keep your water heater running properly year round. This prevents the need for costly repairs, keeps utility costs down, and saves you money in the long run.
Tankless Hot Water Heater Repair
As Americans work to keep emissions and energy costs down, more efficient water heating solutions have hit the market.
Tankless water heaters are more energy-efficient than their traditional counterparts. They also tend to be easier to repair, meaning lower costs for you if something should go wrong.
Carroll Plumbing repairs tankless water heaters, helping you maintain long unit life and high energy efficiency.
Water Heater Replacement
In some cases, a new water heater may be the best way to resolve an issue.
If your unit is outdated, beyond repair, or simply inefficient, a more modern unit can make sense.
Newer water heating systems tend to operate more efficiently than older ones. Modern technology—such as tankless systems—can keep operating costs even lower. If you’re experiencing more frequent problems with your water heater, it may be time for a replacement.
Our technicians are highly experienced with water heater replacement and installation, to include retrofitting modern heaters in older homes.
Professional Hot Water Heater Repair in Richmond
Need an emergency hot water heater repair, quick tune-up, or even a complete replacement? Our experienced technicians will provide you with the best-quality hot water heater repair in Richmond. Give us a call at (804) 358-6322
Check Out Our Water Heater Repair Guides